Considering a refinance or home equity loan to complete home renovations. Renovation tips to boost my homes value are on the minds of many homeowners. Home A and B in the same neighborhood will not always hold the same value. Home A could come equipped with the latest and greatest modern look; while the other property has not been given the attention it needs in some time.
Much like everyone wears a different financial fingerprint; homes are decorated to different personal tastes. There are small and large projects that you should consider when trying to make an impact on your homes presentation and resale value.
Helpful renovation tips to boost your value
- A Fresh Coat of Paint – a fresh coat of paint can do wonders for any room in your household. Take a moment to coordinate with the furniture and see what blends well. For larger rooms try a lighter caller to show off the open space.
- Curb Appeal – the front of the house is what everyone sees first. Fresh landscaping can be inexpensive and shows the outside of the home well.
- Kitchen – the kitchen is where all the magic happens in your home. Take a moment to address the layout of the kitchen and how you function in it. Upgraded counter tops, fresh back splash, and modern appliances go a long way.
- Bathroom – beautify your bathroom by changing the lighting, countertops and faucets. Let’s be honest the bathroom is partly the engine of the home.
- Major renovations – if your looking to do anything major consider calling in the professionals. Higher a certified contractor to carry out your dream reno’s and save delays. Between a full time, job and renovations this can become quite challenging.
How do I benefit from modernizing my home?
Taking the necessary steps to improve the look of your home can do many things for you including peace of mind. There are two major benefits that come to mind:
- Appraised value – if your considering consolidating debts through a mortgage refinance the more the home is worth the more equity you will have to play with.
- For Sale – when you decided to sell your home the realtor that you select to help put your house up for sale will have a much easier time showing casing your property.
Remember there are experts out there who can provide you with renovation tips to ‘boost my homes value’.
It is important to tackle one project at a time versus trying to take on too many. Home renovation projects require a plan and a lot of work; have a budget in mind with a little extra on the side for emergencies or miscellaneous expenses that may come up.
Lastly if your goal is to renovate to move consider the areas of your home that require the most attention. Remember you’ve decided to move so leave some creativity for the new owners to put their own personal touch on it.
If your looking to get approved contact us at 1-855-242-7732 or apply online today.
- How Do You Get a Second Mortgage in Ontario? - March 16, 2021
- Got Poor Credit? Bad Credit Mortage Options Are Available - March 9, 2021
- How to Borrow Using A Home Equity Loan in Canada - March 2, 2021